After two days, I’ve given up trying to get yWriter5 to work properly in Linux. I stuffed it up somehow, yesterday, just when I thought I had it right. Now I’m wondering if it was actually my cordless mouse not communicating properly when I was trying to move around in the program. I didn’t push the buttons on the two pieces when I switched it from one computer to the other. Usually it just doesn’t work when I share like that. Anyway, I
cracked the sh… got annoyed and went back to the files on the old old PC yesterday.
It’s taken me hours today, but now I have finally transferred all missing scenes from my backup text file into the November project where I added the new scenes at the front (while I waited for the other PC to be usable). I didn’t know which scenes had been re-written since last November, so I changed over the text in all pre-existing scenes, losing a word here, adding a word there to the total count. Lost 500 words in one go, but I know which scene is missing. Despite that, I still ended up with nearly 300 words more than my tally of 105,089 – probably tentative scene notes.
During this process I fell in love with my story again. Nearing the end now. Tomorrow I start checking it over for plot and structure. I expect some rewriting will be in order before I give it an edit and polish for my beta readers.
I’d be finished by now if I hadn’t side-tracked myself.